How is High Tunstall College of Science accessible to children with SEND?
- The College strives to meet the needs of all students and will work with parents/ carers and other stakeholders to ensure what is required to be in place for a child is.
- Children with Education, Health and Care Plans who wish to receive a place at High Tunstall College of Science will be discussed at length between the school and the Local Authority.
- Children with disabilities will not be discriminated against and will be treat with fairness. The College will take steps to prevent disabled students from being treat less favourably than other students.
- The College is accessible to non-ambulant students.
- All college provision is accessible to all children including those with SEND where appropriate.
- Extracurricular activities are accessible for children with SEND.
- There are accessible toilet facilities placed around the college to support students with disabilities.
- There are accessible changing facilities in the Sports areas.
- There is a hoist and changing table in the ARC which can be used with students when needed.
- Some of our students access sessions in the Hydrotherapy pool and Physiotherapy sessions to support with their physical difficulties.
- Lessons are made accessible by differentiated resources including coloured background worksheets, enlarged fonts, and fitted sound systems where needed.
- There are height adjustable tables situated throughout the college to support wheelchair users. This allows students to fully participate in specialist teaching areas such as Art, Technology and Science.
- The Sports Science Faculty deliver an Inclusive PE class to students with a wide range of disabilities and difficulties so that students are able to access a wide range of sports.