All students are entitled to a high quality education. Subject teacher input via excellent targeted classroom teaching also known as Quality First Teaching is what all students receive in the first instance. .
For your child this would mean:
- That the teacher has the highest possible expectations for your child and all students in their class.
- That all teaching is based on building on what your child already knows, can do and can understand.
- Different ways of teaching are in place and individual strategies are implemented so that your child is able to be fully involved in learning in class.
- Specific strategies (which may be suggested by the Inclusion team or outside agencies) are in place to support your child to learn via an individual ‘Student Overview Document’.
- That your child is taught in classes with students of similar ability.
All children in school should receive quality first teaching as a part of excellent classroom practice, whoever their education is delivered by.
Click on the buttons below to discover more about each area of support High Tunstall offers students with SEND.