Advanced Performance Programme (APP)
The Advanced Performance Programme at High Tunstall is aimed at students who excel in all-things PE! The programme gives students the opportunity to develop their current skills and progress as an athlete. As part of the Advanced Performance Programme, the squad will attend a series of Sports Science seminars at Hartlepool Sixth Form College; covering topics such as Nutrition, Sports Psychology and Biomechanics.
We expect APP students to manage their academic studies alongside extensive extra-curricular commitment to the wide range of sporting activities that are on offer at High Tunstall College of Science.
The programme includes:
- Personalised strength and conditioning programme for each individual athlete.
- Sports Performance Profiling.
- Personalised APP Kit.
- Monthly visits to Hartlepool Sixth Form College to work with lecturers on A-Level Physical Education topics linked to our own GCSE Specifications.
- Advanced Performance coaching sessions from specialist coaches
- Free access to the Fitness Centre at Hartlepool Sixth Form College.
- Early involvement with Hartlepool Sixth Form College Sports Academies.
- Diet and Nutrition programming.
- Visits to Universities excelling within Sport including Northumbria University.
- A personal sports mentor to assist with balancing sporting and academic needs.
Junior Advanced Performance Programme (JAPP)
The Junior Advanced Performance Programme (JAPP) aims to give primary school students the skills to excel in their chosen sports, to enable them to access a wide range of sporting activities and to give them the opportunity to work with other students wo excel in PE, including the High Tunstall students on our current Advanced Performance Programme. We invite students who are hugely successful in PE in primary school to take part in the two year-long programme.
The programme also involves working with the sports department at Hartlepool Sixth Form College and Northumbria University, where some of the sessions will take place.