Creative Arts Academy
The Creative Arts Academy at High Tunstall College of Science offers arts education to all, believing that the arts are integral to the life of all students and staff. Students can take part in a range of activities in many genres and can focus on one or more depending on their interests.
Last academic yea, students had the opportunity to take part in glass painting workshops, a dance workshop with a west end choreographer, a production of Warhorse, a Christmas concert and pantomime, the College production, Tunny’s Got Talent and many other activities.
- It’s all about participation – the more you join in, the more opportunities you can get.
- When you attend rehearsals or clubs you will receive a stamp on a card.
- Each completed card entitles you to receive a certificate at the end of year celebration.
- You will receive badges related to your clubs.
- Once you have taken part in at least three major productions/projects you are eligible for a CAA hoody.
Which arts can I get involved with?
- Fine Art
- Musical Theatre
- Technical Theatre
Students are able to focus on one area or get involved with as many as they wish. We aim to offer opportunities to our students which go beyond those that the curriculum can provide. Students are able to access individual help when preparing for auditions for post-16 education and beyond as well as aiming to offer London College of Music exams, opportunities with the Northern School of Art and CCAD and other external providers.