How will teaching be adapted for my child with SEND?
Steps will be taken to prevent disabled students from being treated less favourably than other students. We will ensure the facilities are provided to help disabled students to access the school. We will do this by:
- Ensuring all students have access to a broad and balanced curriculum and take measures to adapt the curriculum to allow students to participate in the full life of the college where appropriate.
- Class teachers plan lessons according to the specific needs of all groups of children in their class and will ensure that
your child’s needs are met.
- Specially trained support staff can adapt the teachers planning to support the needs of your child where necessary.
- Specific resources and strategies will be used to support your child individually and in groups.
- Planning and teaching will be adapted on a daily basis if needed to meet your child’s learning needs.
- All students on the SEND register will have a Student Overview Sheet which will be provided to all staff. This is a one-page profile detailing any specific difficulties your child may have and specific strategies to overcome their barriers to learning.