How is extra support allocated to children and how do they move between the different levels?
Students with an identified SEND needs are placed at SEND Support on the SEND Register. This means that they are flagged to staff as having a specific need and there is a heightened awareness of the child. This register is fluid, meaning students can be removed and added on throughout the year.
Students needs are monitored at SEND Support level and support implemented where necessary. Through the assess, plan, do and review cycle, if it is deemed that the student’s needs are unable to be met, or that they have needs greater than this level of support then an application for statutory assessment will be submitted.
- The budget, received from Hartlepool Local Authority, includes money for supporting children with SEND.
- The Head Teacher/ School Business Manager and Finance Committee decide on the budget for SEND on the basis of needs in the college.
- The Head Teacher and the Senior Teacher for Inclusion discuss all the information they have about SEND in the college, including:
– The children getting extra support already.
– The children needing extra support
– The children who have been identified as not making as much progress as would be expected and decide what resources/ training and support is needed.- All resources/ training and support are reviewed regularly and changes made as needed.